The Exhibition consists of SIX (6) sections with up to FOUR (4) entries allowed in each section. There are a total of 180 awards of Medals and Ribbons to be won across Sections.
- Colour Prints
- Monochrome Prints
- Nature Prints
PROJECTED DIGITAL IMAGES (PDI)
- Open Colour
Three (3) Sections: Colour – Monochrome – Nature
Up to four prints, maximum size 50cm x 40cm, may be entered in each section.
- Prints can be submitted either mounted or un-mounted. Overseas prints should be sent un-mounted.
- The back of each print must have, in legible writing:
- Name, address and country of the author
- The title of the work
- The title on the back of the print must match the titles on the entry form.
- Only pressure sensitive (self-adhesive) labels may be used on the backs of unmounted prints.
- Entrants must tick the ‘Destroy’ box on the online entry system to verify authorization for the exhibition to destroy the entrants prints in lieu of returning them, otherwise the full return postal charge shall apply.
Projected Digital Images (PDI) Sections
Up to four images may be submitted in each section.
- Images must be in JPEG format with preferred Colour Space sRGB.
- Images will be judged by projection on a Canon Exceed Projector. Native resolution is 1900×1200 pixels.
- Required image size: Maximum 1600 pixels horizontal and/or 1200 pixels vertical.
- Image File Name: The online entry system does not require you to change an images filename.
- Image Title: The title must be as you would wish it to appear in the catalogue therefore no other information, special characters or separators should be included in the Title Window.
- Our projection background is black please DO NOT fill empty space or add large borders.
- Images should be submitted on line at www.smethwickinternational.com
Note: Digital files cannot be forwarded to the Southampton Exhibition. You must enter these directly with them according to their rules.
Each entrant will receive an A4 Full Colour Catalogue
PLEASE NOTE THAT ENTRIES WHICH ARRIVE WITHOUT THE CORRECT FEES WILL NOT BE JUDGED OR RETURNED AND NO CATALOGUE WILL BE SENT.
Fees are per entrant, per Section as follows:
|U.K. Entrants Only||Overseas and Europe|
|One (1) Section £12
Each additional section £3
|One Section (1) £13
each additional section £3
Please note: the entry fee includes mailing the 82-page A4 Catalogue.
Return fee for PRINT ENTRIES
If you have elected to have your prints returned to you, and not requested that we forward them to the Southampton International Exhibition on your behalf, you MUST add return postage as follows:
- Flat Fee £7
- PLUS 25p for EACH mounted print.
- PLUS 10p for EACH un-mounted print.
Please add these amounts to your total when paying the fees.
Payment can be made on line using Credit/Debit cards through PayPal (a PayPal account is not required). Entrants can complete their entry forms and make payment online before sending their work.
Special Notes on Entry Fees
The preferred method of payment is by PayPal using a credit or debit card or a PayPal account. Payment in banknotes is preferred for entries not submitted online, otherwise Cheques/Orders should be made payable to: Smethwick Photographic Society. International cheques in currency other than Pound Sterling (£) must include an additional $3 (€3) to cover bank charges.
Prints will be returned “Surface Mail” ONLY where return postage has been received.
Print entries can be forwarded to the Southampton International Exhibition on your behalf.
Please indicate on your Smethwick Online Entry if you require your prints to be forwarded to Southampton International Exhibition. Note: We cannot forward digital image entries.
If your entry is being forwarded by us you must send your Southampton Entry form, Entry fee and Return Postage if required direct to the Southampton International Exhibition. Please DO NOT include Southampton forms or fee in your Smethwick International entry.
Address for PRINT ENTRIES
Smethwick International Exhibition of Photography
c/o Roger Parry
25 Wentworth Park Avenue
By entering this exhibition, you are explicitly consenting to the personal details you have supplied, including email addresses, being held, processed and used by the exhibition organizers for purposes associated with this exhibition. You also explicitly consent to such information being sent to organizations which have accorded official recognition, patronage or accreditation to this exhibition. You acknowledge and accept that entering this exhibition means that the status and results of your entry may be made public.